KTM 1290 Super Adventure S 2021 Black
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
Stock is ordered for the next available shipment.
Priority is given to pre-sold’s, the sooner you order, the sooner you’ll have your new bike.
Contact our Sales Team to arrange.
IS THIS SIMPLY AN R WITH ALLOYS?
No, the S is purpose built.
Yes there is much shared with engineering, however the S is road focussed with offroad capabilities.
The R is offroad focussed with on road capabilities.
> This 2021 model is from experience since 2013, success, engineering feedback and existing owner feedback.
> New ergonomics.
> New seat.
> New fuel tank, three parts combined equal 23 litres.
> Reworked chassis.
> Shorter chrome molybdenum stainless steel trellis frame.
> Frame is laser cut, robot welded, weighs just 10 kg.
> New subframe made of lightweight forged aluminium elements.
> Subframe now 15 mm longer, crafted for a lower seat height.
> Practical storage is under the seat.
> Seats for rider and passenger, height either 849 mm or 869 mm.
> Button touch seat release.
> Seat height now 11 mm closer to the ground vs 2020 model.
> 11 optional seats via KTM PowerParts including a heated version.
> Longer swingarm for more stability.
> Keener handling with 15 mm rearward direction of the steering head.
> Front section of the engine has been relocated.
> New generation SAT suspension technology.
> Suspension with faster reactions, added adjustment options.
> Optimised weight distribution.
> Added agility and comfort.
> Seat is now adjustable by 20 mm.
> Windshield can be moved by 55 mm.
> Adjustable levers.
> Adjustable gear shift and rear brake levers.
> New generation electronics.
> Introduction of Adaptive Cruise Control by Bosch.
> New switches on the handlebars with quick select and favourites.
> New 6-axis lean sensor.
> Reworked cornering traction control and cornering ABS, better riding feel.
> More intuitive larger 7″ TFT display with optimal accessibility.
> Revised 1301 cc LC8 engine, 160 hp and 138Nm and improved cooling.
> Remodeled optional technology.
> Euro 5 compliant reworked exhaust.
> Exhaust with two headers and dual catalytic converters.
> Exhaust also with three lambda sensors and stainless steel silencer with lower noise.
> Twin ignition with new coils and centralised spark for better combustion.
> Revised oil routing for even less friction loss.
> New internal aluminium tube replaces the oil channel from the engine cases, saves weight.
> Clutch discs with new friction and rotated pads, better low speed disengagement.
> Thinner engine cases.
> Lighter engine, now 1.6 kg lighter vs 2020 model.
> Revised shifts on PANKL gearbox.
> New bronze coating on shift forks for lower rate of abrasion vs hard chromed parts.
> Improvements to optional Quickshifter+.
> Two new radiators in redesigned bodywork, warm air away from rider’s legs.
> Better heat dispersion and less heat towards the engine from the radiators.
> Revised oil routing reducing friction losses.
> New aluminium tube replaced the oil channel from engine cases, saves weight.
> Retained 15,000 km service intervals.
> Low fuel consumption.
> New generation WP APEX Semi-Active Technology suspension.
> New suspension valves.
> Suspension now more sensitive, better feedback, more personalisation.
> Suspension adjustable by the TFT display.
> Inputs to active suspension from 6D lean angle sensor including rider behaviour.
> Redesigned bodywork with best use of thicknesses and strength.
> Redesigned quick-access airbox.
> 4 screws for easy air box in place of the previous storage box.
> Ram air intakes maximise the air box re-positioning.
> Removal of the front storage location means better air filter access.
> New LED headlight with wider beam and excellent daylight performance.
> Headlight integrated cornering detection.
> Redesigned headlight incorporating the new active cruise radar.
> New tail light to suit optional adaptive brake light.
> Automatic turn indicator cancellation.
> New MITAS Force-R tyres, picked following testing multiple brands.
> New aluminium side stand.
> Overhauled dual sensor for optional Quickshifter+.
> Optional Suspension Pro.
> Optional Rally Pack.
> Optional Tech Pack.
- 118 kW (160 hp) @ 9,000 rpm
- 138 Nm @ 6,500 rpm
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1,301 cc displacement
- Bore / stroke 108 / 71 mm
- Compression 13.1:1
- Electric starter / 12V 11.2Ah
- 4 valves per cylinder / DOHC
- Pressure lubrication with 3 Eaton pumps
- Motorex, SAE 10W-50 engine oil
- Liquid cooling
- Keihin EMS with RBW, double ignition
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
- Keihin EFI (throttle body Ø 52 mm)
- Stainless steel silencer
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- 6 gears
- Primary Drive 40:76
- Final Drive 17:42
- PASC slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
- 525 X-ring chain
- 849-869 mm seat height
- Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Aluminium, powder coated subframe
- Aluminium, tapered, Ø 28 / 22 mm
- Black anodized handlebars with two positions
- Adjustable brake and clutch levers
- Adjustable gearshift and rear brake levers
- Windscreen adjustable by hand wheels, either side
- 1,577 ± 15 mm wheelbase
- 223 mm ground clearance
- Approx. 220 kg dry weight
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Three damping modes: COMFORT, STREET, SPORT
- Optional damping modes: OFFROAD, AUTO
- WP SAT (semi-active technology) Upside-Down Ø 48 mm
- Front semi-active adjustability
- Optional anti-dive function
- WP SAT (semi-active technology) shock absorber
- Rear semi-active, electronically regulated preload
- 20 mm rear pre-load adjustment, 10 mm vs 2020 model
- Rear pre-load is adjusted by 10 steps via the TFT menu
- Optional 3 auto leveling modes, performed on the fly if suitable
- Rear rebound and hydraulic pre-load is hand adjustable
- WP steering dampener on the triple-clamp
- Travel 200 mm front / 200 mm rear
- 65.3° steering head angle
- 109.2 mm trail
- Front 2 × Brembo 4-piston, radially mounted caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
- Rear Brembo 2-piston, fixed caliper, brake disc Ø 267 mm
- Bosch 10.3ME Combined-ABS (incl. Cornering-ABS and offroad mode, disenengageable)
- Cast aluminium wheels
- Front wheel 3.50 x 19″
- Rear wheel 5.00 x 17″
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR 19
- Rear tyre 170/60 ZR 17
INSTRUMENTS, LIGHTS, ELECTRONICS
- Adaptive Cruise Control using radar technology regulating front distance
- Activate the radar over 30 km/h and under 150 km/h
- 5 stages of distance (very short, short, middle, long and very long)
- Radar works in Comfort and Sport modes
- Radar has Overtake Assist, short burst of acceleration to aid passing
- Clutch work won’t disengage the radar, brake levers will however
- Traditional non-radar Cruise Control still available via new switches
- New cruise system keeps speed by also activating the brakes if required
- 7″ TFT colour dash, tiltable to different angles, scratch and glare resistant
- KTM Race On keyless ignition
- Separate tyre pressure monitors
- Connectivity Unit for KTM MY RIDE app
- USB port placed inside the storage space
- Traction control
- Cornering ABS braking
- Offroad ABS braking
- Automoatic Turn Signal Cancellation
- 3 riding modes as standard
- Street mode: default with full power, medium traction control, standard throttle, mild engine braking
- Rain mode: maximum traction, gentle throttle, 100 hp power limit
- Sport mode: full power, direct throttle, soft traction with wheelspin allowance, maximum acceleration
- Optional RALLY mode: 9 different wheelspin settings, set throttle response, wheelie control off
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGES?
- RALLY riding mode
- Motor Slip Adjuster
- Adjustable Throttle Response
- Individual damping for forks and rear shock
- Auto preload: high, standard, low
- Automatic preload adjustment
- On and off anti-dive setting
- Damping modes: offroad, auto, advanced
- RALLY pack (all features as above)
- SUSPENSION PRO (all features as above)
- Motor Slip Regulation
- Hill Hold Control
- Quickshifter + up and down
- Adaptive Brake Light
IS THERE A CONFIGURATOR TO BUILD MY BIKE ONLINE?
Yes, visit configurator.ktm.com
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months registration, stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
Collection in store is mandatory. No freight unless a store visit is made prior for a handover in person.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
KTM’s first twin-cylinder engine – the LC8 75-degree V-twin – propelled the KTM 950 RALLY to
Dakar Rally success in 2002, with Fabrizio Meoni. The following year and using 75% of the same
parts, the KTM 950 ADVENTURE was introduced for customers and Travel-Enduro was never the
same. 2006 saw the introduction of the KTM 990 ADVENTURE with many revisions, including a
capacity rise to 999cc along with the introduction of ABS technology.
The arrival of the KTM 1190 ADVENTURE in 2013 heralded a new era of technology and versatility
for KTM in the Travel-Enduro segment. Ground-breaking electronics married to improved ergonomics
and a radically more powerful LC8 engine introduced more riders than ever to KTM’s unique approach
to adventuring on and off the road.
Just a year later, included on these bikes was ‘Cornering ABS’ – the premier of such a system created
a major milestone in motorcycle safety. Adventure went ‘Super’ in 2015 with the addition of the
KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE. The bike boasted an incredible 160 hp from its bigger 1,301cc
engine, a huge 30-liter tank and provided the debut of many new electronic rider aids, including
cornering lights, cruise control, motor slip regulation (MSR), hill hold control (HHC), automatic
indicator turn reset (ATIR) and semi-active suspension.
2017 saw the introduction of four new models to the family, led by the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S.
This took the very best of KTM’s electronic developments, adding a TFT display, Quickshifter+, full LED
headlight with integrated cornering and the option of the KTM MY RIDE system – providing smart phone
connectivity for call handling, music playing and turn-by-turn satellite navigation.
KTM is blasting the popular area of Travel-Enduro bikes with an array of innovative models across all capacities
and the 2021 KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is here to be the hero explorer of the lot. With the constant
stream of knowledge leading to the creation of all-terrain powerhouses the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R
has the capacity to take anyone, anywhere, anyhow…
KTM 1290 Super Adventure S 2021Black
Price is ride away in QLD. For 2021 the S is redesigned from the ground-up. New fuel tank. New seat. New bodywork. New generation SAT suspension. New weight distribution. New clever 7″ display. Revised handlebar switches. Reworked LC8 motor. Remodelled tech and optional packs. Black in colour.
Finance this for $156 per week*
To approved purchasers. Terms, conditions and disclaimer below.