KTM 1290 Super Duke RR 2021
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
This exclusive model was available to purchase online only.
Restricted to 500 models worldwide, it is now sold out, before production begun.
As circumstances can change for buyers, if you would like to secure one, contact our team to place your name on the waiting list.
A deposit and signed contract subject to supply is mandatory to be on the wait list.
WHAT MAKES THE RR EXCLUSIVE?
Versus the R, the RR has (in no particular order):
- Carbon fuel tank inner fairing
- Carbon ignition lock cover
- Carbon under tray with single seating only
- License plate removal carbon kit
- Carbon splash protection and chain guard
- Carbon brake cooling duct kit
- Carbon front fender
- Carbon fibre one piece sub-frame, only 800 grams
- Redesigned LED tail lights incorporating LED turn signals
- WP APEX PRO 7548 forks
- WP APEX PRO 7117 steering damper
- WP APEX PRO 7746 rear shock
- Factory triple clamp, 320 grams lighter than standard
- 7 spoke forged alloys
- Michelin Power Cup2 tyres
- 1:1 power to weight ratio – 180 hp : 180 kg
- Quick turn throttle twist grip, 7 degree reduction over standard
- Akrapovic exhaust, titanium with carbon end cap
- Akrapovic EVO line exhaust available as on-cost optional extra
- Lightweight Lithuim-ion battery, only 2.5 kg
- PERFORMANCE and TRACK modes as standard
- Tank is angled slightly outwards for more support under braking for the rider
- Lower handlebars for better control, also helps with getting the elbows down
- 4 adjustments to the bars, move by 22 mm front to rear
- 847 mm seat height, 12 mm higher than the R
- 12 way adjustable footpegs, engineered by Gilles, CNC machined
- Unique RR logo in the seat
- Unique RR paintwork and decal livery
Currently, the biggest Euro5 compliant V-Twin engine available in a Hypernaked motorcycle, making the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR the ultimate backstreet weapon or track-day tormentor. The updated V-Twin provides an astonishing 180 hp @ 9,500rpm and 140 Nm @ 8,000 rpm means that the 180 kg KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR presents riders with a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio, with performance unlike that of a rocketship.
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1,301 cc
- Bore/Stroke 108/71 mm
- Power 132 kW (180 hp) @ 9,500 rpm
- Torque 140 Nm @ 8,000 rpm
- Compression ratio 13.5:1
- 8 V / DOHC
- Pressure lubrication with 3 Eaton pumps
- Motorex, SAE 10W-50 engine oil
- Liquid cooling
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
An all-new Quick turn throttle twist grip makes the connection between wrist, throttle, and the engine
almost instant with a 65-degree opening angle. This a 7-degree reduction over the standard KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R’s 72-degree grip. This was developed in close cooperation with the KTM race teams, to deliver improved throttle response, but also to reduce the rider’s wrist angle and elbow drop at full opening.
As with all extreme track-terrors, this BEAST would not be complete without a lightweight Akrapovič
slip-on line exhaust. Made from titanium with a carbon fiber end cap, it provides the ‘bark’ to the
- Keihin EFI (throttle body 56 mm)
- Akrapovic Slip-On Line exhaust
- Approx 16 litres fuel capacity
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- 6 gears
- PASC slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
- Primary drive 40:76
- Final drive 17:38
- Chain 525 X-ring
- Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Cast aluminum/Carbon
- Aluminium, tapered, Ø 28/22 mm handlebar
- Trail 100 mm – 103 mm depending on rear shock length
- Wheelbase 1,492 mm – 1,495 mm ± 15 mm depending on rear shock length
- 160 mm ground clearance
- 847 – 837 mm seat height
- Dry weight approx. 180 kg
- Ready to ride approx. 189 kg without fuel
- Ready to ride approx. 200 kg with ±90% fuel
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
Race-derived WP PRO COMPONENTS take the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR to a new level of track-readiness. KTM test riders also worked tirelessly to develop specific suspension settings for different riding situations, and represent the perfect starting point for fine-tuning.
Upfront, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR makes use of fully adjustable WP APEX PRO 7548 Close
Cartridge forks, together with an adjustable WP APEX PRO 7117 steering damper. The WP APEX PRO 7548 Close Cartridge forks greatly improve the performance and response of the front end. It has an internal reservoir and, by putting the oil in this reservoir under pressure, the damping is much more consistent. Developed for racing, the cartridge system has no hydraulic stroke limitation, meaning that the rider can continually control the damping properties for the best performance for race-oriented
motorcyclists and professional racers.
The WP APEX PRO 7746 SHOCK is custom-made to achieve the high-performance specification of the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR. Providing almost limitless possibilities for individual adjustment, including shock length between 353 and 360 mm, the WP APEX PRO 7746 Shock allows riders the ability to find their perfect geometry for sharper turn-in, delivering maximum precision and feedback thanks to the new Super Competition Shock (SCS) Big Valve Technology.
An all-new, lighter CNC-machined triple clamp saves 320 g over the unit on the standard KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R. While it retained the standard 32 mm offset, it brings with it more precision during hard braking maneuvers, less friction, and improved pressure distribution in the clamping area of the forks.
- WP APEX PRO 7548 Close Cartridge front fork
- Fork adjustability: Preload, compression, rebound adjustable
- WP APEX PRO 7746 rear shock
- Rear adjustability: Compression (high and low speed), rebound, hydraulic preload
- Suspension travel 130/140 m front/rear
- Steering head angle 65.6° – 65° depending on rear shock length
- Front 2 x Brembo Stylema Monobloc four piston, radially mounted caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
- Rear Brembo two piston, fixed caliper, brake disc Ø 240 mm
- ABS Bosch 9.1MP 2.0 (with cornering ABS and SUPERMOTO ABS)
All-new 7 spoke forged wheels, 6,00″ x 17 on the rear and 3,5″ x 17 on the front, are 1.5 kg lighter than the standard KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R units and are developed from data collected from the KTM RC16 MotoGP™ racer.
Putting the power to the ground is a set of Michelin Power Cup2 tyres, representing the best balance between pure track performance and street usability. These allow a quicker warm-up period with an ultra-grippy dual compounds architecture. Interestingly enough, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR was set to have even lighter wheels, which would have benefited the overall weight figure even further. However, during testing, Jeremy McWilliams, the DUKE maestro himself, advised against it. His reason? The lighter wheels weren’t stiff enough and didn’t provide the level of feel needed to get the most out of the chassis – a perfect example of KTM putting riders above marketing stats.
- Front Forged wheel 3.50 x 17″
- Rear Forged wheel 6.00 x 17″
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tyre 200/55 ZR 17
INSTRUMENTS, LIGHTS, ELECTRONICS
The KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR boasts the most complete track-orientated electronics pack ever
seen on a KTM – as standard equipment.
The usual ride modes are accessible via the TFT dashboard as per the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R
but with the addition of PERFORMANCE MODE and TRACK MODE as standard. The key to this update has been to give the rider more feedback about what the engine and the rear wheel are doing. The traction control feels less intrusive in all modes. Anti- wheelie is smoother and reduced in some ride modes, basically allowing a limited lift-up of the front wheel.
PERFORMANCE MODE is a step up from Sport Mode and allows a certain level of customization with the key features being the selection of traction control level intervention and throttle control. Anti-wheelie can also be switched off and of course, Launch Control is allowed for those perfect starts. Cruise control and KTM MY RIDE is also available.
TRACK MODE allows the same level of traction and throttles control customization as Performance mode but, graphics on the TFT are improved with icons and key data displaying in a larger format and any secondary information not displayed. Anti-wheelie can be switched off and Launch Control is available for the perfect start out of the grid. Cruise control and KTM MY RIDE are not
available in this mode. It’s all about the pure track performance.
- Electric starter / Lithium-Ion battery (12V 96Wh)
- Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- Traction control cornering MTC (lean-angle sensitive, 5 Modes, dis-engage-able)
IS THERE A CONFIGURATOR TO BUILD MY BIKE ONLINE?
Yes, visit configurator.ktm.com
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months single seat registration (dual seat not available on the RR), stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
Collection in store is mandatory. No freight unless a store visit is made prior for a handover in person.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
KTM 1290 Super Duke RR 2021RR Livery
Price is ride away in QLD. Order online to secure one of 500 units only worldwide. Pure Performance. 9 kg lighter than the R. A multitude of bespoke components and lightweight materials creating the most powerful, fearsome street bike to come from KTM ever. The Beast now has RR in Ready to Race.
Finance this for $195 per week*
To approved purchasers. Terms, conditions and disclaimer below.