KTM 890 Duke 2021 Black
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
Stock is ordered for the next available shipment.
Priority is given to pre-sold’s, the sooner you order, the sooner you’ll have your new bike.
Contact our Sales Team to arrange.
HOW DOES THIS MODEL DIFFER FROM THE 890 DUKE R?
> 4 kW less power.
> 7 Nm less torque, a very flat torque curve.
> Black frame.
> Choice of two colours.
> WP APEX forks with no adjustment.
> WP APEX monoshock with pre-load only adjustment.
> 6 mm shorter wheelbase.
> KTM engineered and developed front brakes, 20 mm smaller rotor size.
> KTM engineered and developed rear brake.
> 15 mm lower ground clearance.
> 14 mm lower seat height.
> A relaxed, neutral rider triangle for all-day riding.
> Reduced knee angle.
> Suitable for bigger riders.
> Continental ContiRoad tyres, chosen from 50 sets of tyre tests.
> Graphics unique to the 890 Duke.
The below specifications are data and also compare to the previous generation 790 Duke.
- 889 cc, 2 parallel cylinders, 4 stroke, fuel injected
- 85 kW, 115 hp, 92 Nm
- Power is sprung from lower in the powerband vs 790 Duke
- Liquid cooled with water/oil heat exchanger
- Increased radiator surface area to ensure optimum cooling
- Increased bore and stroke
- Higher compression at 13.5:1
- Higher maximum rpm thanks to combustion knock control
- Horizontally split, high pressure cast aluminium crank cases
- Shorter intake funnels
- Revised throttle bodies
- Reduced crankcase wall thickness
- Heavier crankshaft and flywheel pump up the torque
- New cylinder head specifically for the 890 Duke R
- Larger 37 mm air intake, 30 mm exhaust valves
- Camshafts with more lift and aggressive profile
- New crankshaft generates 20% more rotational mass and more character
- Better part-throttle control and cornering speed
- New balancer shaft added to match RPM and increased rotating mass
- Two forged pistons, box type, three piston rings
- Bronze conrod bearing
- Piston weight is reduced by 10g vs 790 Duke, yet the bore is larger
- Pressure lubrication with 2 trochoid pumps
- Engine oil Motorex Power Synth SAE 10W/50
- Long regular 15,000 km service intervals, or 12 months, which ever occurs first
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
- 14 litre fuel capacity, approximately, with 3.5 litre reserve
- 95 RON fuel type
- Italian specialists Dell’orto supply the injectors, new sensors in each throttle body
- New sensors per cylinder measure the manifold pressure and adjust the mixture independently, better low rpm feel
- Full volume exhaust, centralised mass and stainless steel primary and secondary silencers
- Middle centralised larger silencer means a small final muffler announces the soundtrack nicely
- Exhaust contributes to the torque curve and excellent emission standards
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- 6 speed transmission, claw shifted
- Faster shifting thanks to shorter shift lever travel
- Transmission now has a lighter spring action
- PASC slipper clutch, cable operated
- High grip slipper clutch lets you ride in to corners preventing rear wheel lock up on downshifting
- Die-cast, open lattice swingarm, with steep angle and excellent flex characteristics
- Primary drive 39:75
- Final drive 16:41
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4″ X-Ring
- CrMo-steel frame, engine as stressed element, powder coated orange unique to ‘R’ street models
- Cast aluminium sub-frame also houses the airbox
- Triangular shapes in the sub-frame allow for stiffer construction
- No plastic covers in sub-frame means everything is cast to two pieces, saves weight
- The handlebar can be set in 4 positions to suit the rider
- 820 mm seat height
- Reverse race shifting is possible if that suits the rider, no additional parts required
- Ground clearance unloaded 191 kg
- Dry weight 169 kg
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Upside down front forks, non-adjustable
- A sportier tune than the 790 Duke, dealing with the extra power yet keeping this 890 agile
- Improved high-speed stability
- Real world street riding comfort is retained with identical suspension travel as 790 Duke
- Front WP APEX forks
- Triple clamp performance has been tuned to match the frame
- Aluminium steering stem instead of steel on the 790 Duke, reduces weight
- Rear WP APEX rear shock with pre-load adjuster
- Steering head angle 66°
- Steering damper
- Front suspension travel 140 mm
- Rear suspension travel 150 mm
- KTM developed and engineered front 2x radially mounted 4 piston caliper
- KTM developed and engineered 2 piston floating rear caliper
- 300 mm floating discs upfront
- 240 mm disc at the rear
- The MCS is an adjustable facility for lever ratio, altering piston diameter, adjusts brake feel
- Lightweight cast alloy wheels in orange, 17″ diameter front and rear
- Continental ContiRoad tyres
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tyre 180/55 ZR 17
- Bosch Engine Management System (EMS)
- Ride by wire inputs works throttle valves
- 12v 10 Ah battery, maintenance free
- 12v 400W alternator
- LED lighting for headlight, daytime running light, position light, brake/tail light, indicators
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering anti-lock braking including supermoto mode
- Cornering MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control)
- New 6D lean angle sensor
- Lean sensor detects, side to side, forwards to back and now drift position
- Two independent sensors, wheelslip and pitch angle controller
- Greater acceleration and better anti-wheelie for faster controlled power
- Features to keep you fast out of corners and in a straight line can be disabled for advanced riders
- Rain, Street and Sport ride modes
- Colour TFT combination display including day and night modes
- Warning and notification lamps – ABS, traction, engine malfunction, turn signal, high beam.
- Further lamps include neutral, oil pressure, cruise on and set (when fitted), safety warning and immobiliser active
- Display shows gear, heated grip activity (when fitted), cruise indicator (when fitted), bluetooth (when fitted), ride modes
- Further displayed includes fuel level, coolant temperature, speedo, fuel range, trip meter, time, ABS display, tachometer with shift warning
- Also displayed with options fitted relating, throttle response mode, launch control, slip adjustment, anti-wheelie mode
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONAL ELECTRONIC PACKS THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO BUY?
Motor Slip Regulation
- Counters the Traction Control
- Allows Ride-By-Wire to prevent wheel slipping away
- Works along side the cornering angle
- Slick, clutchless up and downshifts.
- Available under any load.
- Downshifting matches engine speed to the lower gear.
- Set the desired speed
- Helps with long rides maintaining speed under or at the limit
- Allows you to give your wrist a break
- Combination switch must be installed to activate this option
KTM MY RIDE Connectivity
- Connect your smartphone via bluetooth
- Control your incoming calls
- Control audio for your music
- Information is displayed on the TFT screen
- Operate via the menu switch on handlebars
- Most smartphones are compatible
- 9 Stage Traction Control Adjustment
- Throttle Control Adjustment
- Track Ride Mode
- Anti-Wheelie Off
- Launch Control
- Track Pack (as per above)
- Quickshifter+ (as per above)
- Motor Slip Regulation (as per above)
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months registration, stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
Collection in store is mandatory. No freight unless a store visit is made prior for a handover in person.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
KTM 890 Duke 2021Black
Price is ride away in QLD. New for 2021, this non-R model is about all-day-riding, agility, value and still accepts the incredible updates the 890 Duke introduced over the previous generation 790 Duke. Available in two colours, this black is all about stealth. The sharpened scalpel.