The KTM Australia Adventure Rallye is heading back to the High Country in 2022, set to return the orange
adventure spirit to where it all began back in 2016!
The sixth KTM Australia Adventure Rallye: HIGH COUNTRY will feature a 5-day format that will focus on
offering riders a truly remarkable experience exploring the Victorian High Country region.
Open to Orange Adventure Riders with the following eligible KTM adventure bikes: 390 Adventure, 640,
690, 790, 790R, 890, 890R, 950, 990, 1050, 1090, 1090R, 1190, 1190R, 1290 and 1290R models. The
Rallye is tailored to suit a wide range of rider abilities, from those in their first few years of adventure
riding up to seasoned adventure pros.
With assistance from local experts who are all Rallye riders themselves, the routes are set to showcase the
stunning landscapes that our great diverse country has to offer. Designed with the larger capacity KTM
adventure range in mind, as well as the variety of rider abilities, the route offers plenty of options for riders to choose their own adventure and difficulty of ride.
The KTM Australia Adventure Rallye is about offering a great experience to you, the ORANGE adventure rider. And what better way to do that than with 5-days exploring one of the premiere adventure regions in Australia.
Bring old friends or make new ones, in the spirit of adventure riding, the KTM Rallye is about getting back
to the basics and enjoying your KTM adventure bike with like-minded adventurers.
WHAT DOES THE RALLYE INCLUDE?
KTM Australia take the hard work out of planning a ride so you can truly enjoy your adventure. Ever tried to organise a group of mates for a multi-day ride? It’s a tough job! Let us worry about the details – so you can enjoy the good stuff! The KTM Rallye will feature the following . . .
- Pre-ridden and planned route with the help of local experts, highlighting the best adventure riding in the areas!
- Lead Riders, Course Markers & GPS Files – You just get on your KTM each morning and ride.
- Luggage Support – don’t ride hindered by your bags. Our luggage van transports your items each day, leaving you with a light load to enjoy the adventure.
- Technical Support – peace of mind knowing our KTM trained mechanics are on hand at each Bivouac to assist with any mechanical issues that may arise.
- Medical Support – with both riding medics and a medical 4WD backup vehicle, ride at ease knowing that you will have assistance should you need it.
- Backup Vehicle & Sweep Support – following all riders each day will be a 4WD with trailer, as well as
sweep riders ready to help, have a chat or ride a long with!
- Dinner included every night – after a big day of adventure don’t worry about where to find your dinner, meaning you can relax and relive the day with a group of like-minded friends.
- Event Video & Photos – we will capture the memories from the week for you to share with your family and friends, making them envious for years to come of your experiences.
The KTM Australia Adventure Rallye: HIGH COUNTRY will start and finish at the unique lakeside town of Lake Hume, just south of Albury/Wodonga and the gateway to the High Country region.
From Lake Hume the Rallye will visit iconic alpine region overnight destinations through the week including Mansfield, Bright, Dargo and Dinner Plain.
With the route taking in everything from alpine peaks, to lush valleys complete with crystal clear river crossings, riders will also be able to experience the rich heritage of the region with stops at iconic huts and villages.
The High Country’s stunning scenery combined with our local Rallye Route Coordinators track selection will offer riders the chance to experience this special region to its’ full extent.
It has been six years since the inaugural KTM Australia Adventure Rallye kicked off in the Snowy Mountains region, and it is high time the orange adventure community brought the Rallye spirit back to the alpine region!
The aim for the KTM Australia Adventure Rallye is to offer options for riders to choose their own adventure and difficulty of
ride, therefore we offer two route options daily for riders: Main Route and Breakout Route. The Main Route will feature gravel
roads and more open flowing tracks, while the Breakout Routes offer advanced riders more challenging terrain in the form of rocky ascents and descents and deep river crossings!
- 5-Days, 1500km adventure riding
- Lead Riders, Course Markers & GPS Files
- Luggage Support
- Tech Support
- Tyre Support Assistance
- Medic Support
- Backup Vehicle & Sweep Support
- Dinner included every night
- KTM Goody Bag – T-Shirt, Sticker & More
- Event Video, featuring all the highlights
- Event Photographer
- Ride with KTM Special Guests!
- Registration opens Thursday 12 May 2022 6:00pm AEST.
- Contact us to register your details so we can register you before the public link opens…beat the crowd!!!
- Sign on registration Sunday 27 November 2022
- Rallye commences Monday 28 November 2022
- Rallye concludes Friday 02 December 2022
- Registration | Welcome Dinner | Night 1 – Lake Hume
- Day 1 | Night 2 – Mansfield
- Day 2 | Night 3 – Bright
- Day 3 | Night 4 – Dargo
- Day 4 | Night 5 – Dinner Plain
- Final Day | Night 6 – Lake Hume
MANDATORY TO ATTEND THE RALLYE
- Road registered KTM motorcycle
- Third Party Property Damage Insurance or better still, Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance
- Ambulance Cover (that extends to Victoria)
- Full open motorcycle license that’s current (check your expiry date!)
- Knobby Tyres & Ultra Heavy Tubes fitted
- GPS Navigation capabilities (familiarise yourself with your device operation beforehand)
- Spot Tracker or Garmin InReach unit (Google to see what these are if unsure)
- Minimum 250 km fuel range capabilities
ACCOMMODATION AND DINNERS
It will be up to you, the rider, to book your preferred overnight accommodation. Once you register, you will receive a REGISTERED RIDER DOSSIER: ACCOMMODATION which will outline all the suggested accommodation venues, how to book and where the nightly Riders Briefing and Dinners will take place, which we call the “Bivouac”.
Our overnight destinations might be a little more accommodating than the actual Bivouac at the Dakar though!
Each night we will have one particular location as the Bivouac. This is where your luggage will be available to collect each afternoon, as well as the dinner destination and the location of the nightly riders briefing and social revelry. The suggested accommodation locations are all within either walking distance or a short ride from the Bivouac every night.
Are included in the Rallye price every night! From the Welcome Dinner on the first night until the final Wrap-Up Dinner. So after a long day on the bike, you don’t need to worry about having to hunt down some chow – we’ve got it sorted for you.
The Rallye is tailored to suit a range of rider abilities, from those starting out in their first year or two of adventure riding, to seasoned Adventure pros. In order to cater for this variety of levels, each day’s course can be traversed in your own time, at your own pace, with two route options available daily – the Main Route and Breakout Routes.
Lead riders depart before the group each morning to ensure the tracks are clear, plus sweep riders bring up the tail end of the pack to assist with any issues that may arise throughout the day. A detailed route sheet for each day will be supplied at the nightly rider briefings, however for riders the main source of navigation comes in the form of GPS files, supplied prior to the Rallye. Therefore it is required that riders have a GPS unit to navigate for the event.
Riders are free to depart each morning between 8.00-9.30am, in their own time and on their own agenda. There will be Points of Interest on each days route sheet, so riders can stop and enjoy these along the way, as well as suggested breakfast and lunch stops.
Every rider will be allowed to place one bag (roll-bag or pack) in the KTM Luggage Truck, which will
be carried for them between each destination.
KTM Australia mechanics will be available to assist with any issues that may arise along the way that you cannot fix yourselves. This tech service will be limited to issues that arise as a result of the Rallye, not assistance with pre-existing issues. Therefore a pre-event Tech Check from us as an authorised KTM dealership, it is necessary for all Registered Rallye Riders prior to the event. Book your pre-event check now (don’t leave it too late with bookings in our workshop often taken up days or weeks in advance).
We will have a Tyre Support available from the amazing Overlanders crew. For those who wish to get a new tyre or tyres fitted before the Rallye or during the Rallye. Pre-bookings are essential!
GENUINE PARTS SUPPORT
All riders are advised to bring spare parts along, however due to unforeseen circumstances
that may arise when adventure riding, we will have Genuine KTM Spare Parts available for riders to purchase throughout the Rallye.
With the assistance of the outstanding crew from RaceSafe Australia, medical support personal will be on hand to assist throughout the event. The medical support will be available each day through multiple channels: sweep rider, 4WD backup vehicle and nightly at the Bivouac.
More information on all the provided support will be given to those who register for the events in the form of a REGISTEREDRIDER DOSSIER.
- $1,795 AUD per rider
- Includes EVERYTHING above
- Accommodation NOT included
- A 20% deposit is required at time of booking.
- Full payment required within 30 days after booking, or 90 days prior to the event (whatever occurs first).
LIMITED TO 170 RIDERS
As above be sure to register with us so we can register you before the public offering link opens up. This is a Nationally Offered Event, picture now all the KTM owners who can apply clicking that link at the same time!! Especially from the absence due to lockdown times.