KTM 890 Duke R 2020 White
DO YOU HAVE VIDEO’S ON THE KTM 890 DUKE R?
Yes, please enjoy these below.
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
No, this 2020 model is now sold out, replaced with the 2021 model.
A new model, born from the successful 790 Duke.
A sportier bike in the segment, gives bigger bikes a run for their money.
Most compact engine in the mid-range class.
Knowledge from motor sports and R&D has invented this 890 Duke R.
No compromises engineering.
Priced right with low weight and loads of usable everyday power.
More power and torque than the 790 Duke as well a host of changes and improvements.
- 890cc, 2 parallel cylinders, 4 stroke, fuel injected
- 89kW, 121hp, 99Nm
- Power is sprung from lower in the powerband vs 790 Duke
- Liquid cooled with water/oil heat exchanger
- Increased radiator surface area to ensure optimum cooling
- Increased bore and stroke
- Higher compression at 13.5:1
- Higher maximum rpm thanks to combustion knock control
- Horizontally split, high pressure cast aluminium crank cases
- Shorter intake funnels
- Revised throttle bodies
- Reduced crankcase wall thickness
- Heavier crankshaft and flywheel pump up the torque
- New cylinder head specifically for the 890 Duke R
- Larger 37mm air intake, 30mm exhaust valves
- Camshafts with more lift and aggressive profile
- New crankshaft generates 20% more rotational mass and more character
- Better part-throttle control and cornering speed
- New balancer shaft added to match RPM and increased rotating mass
- Two forged pistons, box type, three piston rings
- Bronze conrod bearing
- Piston weight is reduced by 10g vs 790 Duke, yet the bore is larger
- Pressure lubrication with 2 trochoid pumps
- Engine oil Motorex Power Synth SAE 10W/50
- Long regular 15,000km service intervals, or 12 months, which ever occurs first
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
- 14 litre fuel capacity, approximately, with 3.5 litre reserve
- 95 RON fuel type
- Italian specialists Dell’orto supply the injectors, new sensors in each throttle body
- New sensors per cylinder measure the manifold pressure and adjust the mixture independently, better low rpm feel
- Full volume exhaust, centralised mass and stainless steel primary and secondary silencers
- Middle centralised larger silencer means a small final muffler announces the soundtrack nicely
- Exhaust contributes to the torque curve and excellent emission standards
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- 6 speed transmission, claw shifted
- Faster shifting thanks to shorter shift lever travel
- Transmission now has a lighter spring action
- PASC slipper clutch, cable operated
- High grip slipper clutch lets you ride in to corners preventing rear wheel lock up on downshifting
- Die-cast, open lattice swingarm, with steep angle and excellent flex characteristics
- Primary drive 39:75
- Final drive 16:41
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4″ X-Ring
- CrMo-steel frame, engine as stressed element, powder coated orange unique to ‘R’ street models
- Cast aluminium sub-frame also houses the airbox
- Triangular shapes in the sub-frame allow for stiffer construction
- No plastic covers in sub-frame means everything is cast to two pieces, saves weight
- Handlebars are positioned lower, further forward for increased feeling of the front tyre
- The handlebar can be set in 4 positions to suit the rider
- The seat at 834 mm high is 9mm higher than the 790 Duke, a meaner stance, more lean angle
- The result of higher seat and forward bars is a more aggressive triangle stance for the rider
- Pillion seat comes standard with a seat cover, racier look and also single seat rego is possible for QLD
- Completely new footpegs, positioned higher and further back and have a greater surface area
- Reverse race shifting is possible if that suits the rider, no additional parts required
- Signature R styling to match the orange frame and race credentials
- Ground clearance unloaded 206kg
- Maximum permissible weight 430kg
- Dry weight 166kg
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Fully adjustable suspension, upside down front forks
- A sportier tune than the 790 Duke, dealing with the extra power yet keeping this 890 agile
- Improved high-speed stability
- Real world street riding comfort is retained with identical suspension travel as 790 Duke
- Front WP APEX forks with split dampening, compression and rebound functions
- Triple clamp performance has been tuned to match the frame
- Aluminium steering stem instead of steel on the 790 Duke, reduces weight
- Rear WP APEX rear shock with linear spring and pre-load adjuster
- Rear high and low speed compression can be adjusted individually
- Rear compression is hydraulically adjustable
- Ride height has increased 15mm to improve handling and ground clearance
- This improves anti-squat behaviour due to the steeper swingarm
- Steering head angle 65.7°
- Steering damper
- Front suspension travel 140mm
- Rear suspension travel 150mm
- Brembo Stylema radially mounted front monoblock calipers, 4 pistons
- Lightweight and stiff feel, with optimised airflow to the brake pads
- Brembo single piston floating rear caliper
- Lighter and larger 320 mm floating discs upfront
- 240mm disc at the rear
- A Brembo MCS (Multi Click System) front master cylinder
- The MCS is an adjustable facility for lever ratio, altering piston diameter, adjusts brake feel
- Brakes feel shorter and sharper and house less brake fluid resulting in reduced lever stroke
- Overall, 1.2 kg of unsprung braking mass has been saved compared to the 790 Duke
- Lightweight cast alloy wheels in orange, 17″ diameter front and rear
- Sticky Michelin Powercup II Hypersport tyres
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR 17 M/C 58W TL
- Rear tyre 180/55 ZR 17 M/C 73W TL
- Bosch Engine Management System (EMS)
- Ride by wire inputs works throttle valves
- 12v 10 Ah battery, maintenance free
- 12v 400W alternator
- LED lighting for headlight, daytime running light, position light, brake/tail light, indicators
- Bosch 9.1 MP cornering anti-lock braking including supermoto mode
- Cornering MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control)
- New 6D lean angle sensor
- Lean sensor detects, side to side, forwards to back and now drift position
- Two independent sensors, wheelslip and pitch angle controller
- Greater acceleration and better anti-wheelie for faster controlled power
- Features to keep you fast out of corners and in a straight line can be disabled for advanced riders
- Rain, Street and Sport ride modes
- Colour TFT combination display including day and night modes
- Warning and notification lamps – ABS, traction, engine malfunction, turn signal, high beam.
- Further lamps include neutral, oil pressure, cruise on and set (when fitted), safety warning and immobiliser active
- Display shows gear, heated grip activity (when fitted), cruise indicator (when fitted), bluetooth (when fitted), ride modes
- Further displayed includes fuel level, coolant temperature, speedo, fuel range, trip meter, time, ABS display, tachometer with shift warning
- Also displayed with options fitted relating, throttle response mode, launch control, slip adjustment, anti-wheelie mode
CAN I CUSTOMISE AND ADD EXTRAS TO THIS MODEL?
Enhance or protect your ride with a large range of KTM PowerParts, available to be purchased to fit or program in.
Be sure to treat yourself too, with a large range of KTM PowerWear for safety, casual use and comfort.
Visit our online store or even better, drop in to our upstairs dedicated KTM showroom fitted out to global KTM standards.
- KTM MyRide controller for Bluetooth audio and telephone control
- Quickshifter+ (up and down shifting) with improved settings
- Track mode:
- 9-level customisation of traction selection
- Throttle control
- Launch control
- (MSR) Motor Slip Regulation, an electronic slipper clutch, works for low grip situations
- Cruise control
- Tech pack, includes the above:
- Track pack
- (excludes cruise control)
- Ignition cover protection
- Clutch cover protection
- Akrapovic slip on exhaust, titanium with carbon end cap, silver or black finish
- Akrapovic Evolution Line full exhaust in titanium, carbon heat protection, 4.8kg weight saving, 5hp increase (map must be installed)
- Alarm system
- Anti-theft road lock
- Footpeg sliders
- Crash bung kit
- Factory triple clamp in anodised orange
- Lowering kit, reduces height by 25mm
- Rim decal kit
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- CNC anodised machined parts
- Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket
- Heated grip set
- Handlebar in anodised orange, 28mm to 22mm, more active position
- Brake and clutch lever protection
- USB Power Outlet Kit
- LED-SMD indicator set, only 55mm in length
- LED cylindrical indicator set, milled housing
- Handlebar mirror set, black anodised aluminium
- Ergo seats for rider and pillion, standard or 20mm higher heights
- Adjustable footpeg system, 8 different positions
- Side stand removal kit, for track specific riding only
- Touring windshield, clear, for upper body protection on long trips
- Sports windshield, smoked
- Carbon front fender, weight saving
- Carbon front sprocket protection
- Side fairing kit, extremely light
- Splash protection or also known as Rear Wheel Hugger
- Chain guard made of carbon
- Front spoiler, Duke embossed, also header pipe protection
- License plate holder support
- Front tank protection sticker kit
- Factory Graphics Kit
- Rear bags
- Side bag carrier set (cannot be used with Akrapovic Evolution Line exhaust system)
- Touratech brackets for selected phones and GPS units
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months registration, stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
Collection in store is mandatory. No freight unless a store visit is made prior for a handover in person.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
KTM 890 Duke R 2020White
Price is ride away in QLD. Replacing the 790 Duke, taking ‘the scalpel’ to a whole new sharpness. A no compromises, middle weight champion. 89kW of LC4c power. Brembo brakes. 166kg lean dry weight. Bosch cornering ABS. Revised rider triangle. 99Nm of torque to shoot you out of every awesome corner.
Finance this for $92 per week*
To approved purchasers. Terms, conditions and disclaimer below.