KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2021 Orange
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
Stock is ordered for the next available shipment.
Priority is given to pre-sold’s, the sooner you order, the sooner you’ll have your new bike.
Contact our Sales Team to arrange.
> For 2021 a steeper swingarm by 5 mm.
> Engine rotated in the frame to suit the swingarm change.
> Rear wheel graphic on one spoke.
> Heat shield on exhaust mid-pipe added.
> Revised by 90% in 2020 vs previous generation.
- 1301cc, V 75 degree, 4 stroke, injected power, liquid cooled
- 180hp, 132kw, 140Nm
- Electric start with key fob
- 3 oil pumps for forced lubrication
- Keihin engine management, double ignition
- Ride by wire with cruise control
- Thinner engine casings
- Revised water and oil cooler mounts
- Improved oil delivery with lightweight aluminium oil line
- Integrated carrier bracket and linkage mount to engine case
- New topfeeder injectors
- New 56mm throttle bodies, improved air to fuel mixture at high rpm
- More torque and better fuel economy throughout the rev range
- Twin spark ignition with more powerful ignition coils
- Titanium inlet valves with chrome nitrade PVD coating
- 13.6:1 compression ratio for more power
- Engineered resonator chambers on cylinder heads for torque output on low to mid RPM
- Smoother powertrain, less fuel and improved CO2 by 10%
- Weight reduced crankcases by making them thinner
- New water pump and lighter clutch cover
- Formula 1 inspired pistons for low reciprocating weight
- Hard anodized finish for minimum friction, better free revving
- Hard wearing durability for increased engine life
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
- 16 litre fuel capacity
- 60mm exhaust headers
- 2 catalytic convertors do not compromise the note or power
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- 6 speed transmission
- PASC (power assisted) slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
- Small tweaks to PANKL gearbox for quicker shift times
- Shorter shift action and lighter lever modulation
- Smoother shift action with improved shift spline
- Bronzed copper coating on shift forks
- Reversable gear shifting to 5 down 1 up
- Chrome-moly tubular space frame, powder coated
- 160mm ground clearance
- 835mm seat height
- 189kg dry weight
- A major chassis overhall
- All new frame with 3 times the torsional rigidity of previous models
- All new lighter aluminium and carbon subframe
- License plate mount, passenger seat and taillights bolt directly on to the subframe
- Completely revised geometry
- Thicker diameter chassis tubes with thinner walls, saves 2kg over the previous
- New lighter forged aluminium triple clamps with 32mm offset
- Restyled tank for better support, with strength and thickness kept in mind
- Lower, variable handlebars, 760mm wide, 4 positions over 21mm
- Adjustable footpegs, two positions
- Adjustable shift and brake levers
- Completely new steel tank with better support for the rider thanks to a new shape
- Signature R graphics
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- WP APEX 48 front forks, fully adjustable with split compression and rebound settings
- Front adjustable pre-load
- WP APEX rear monoshock, lighter and newly developed with seperate gas and oil reservoirs
- High and low speed rear shock speed adjusters, no tools required, manual pre-load dial
- 125mm front travel, 140mm rear travel
- Smarter WP suspension
- New rear linkage with progressive damping
- Brembo front Stylema monobloc four piston calipers, radial mounted
- Brembo twin piston fixed rear caliper
- 320mm front disc, 240mm rear disc
- Bosch 9.1MP 2.0 ABS with cornering and supermoto modes
- 5mm swingarm mount point for improved stablity and anti-squat
- Now with maximum feedback from the front tyre
- Lighter CAD designed wheels for best shape for weight and stiffness
- New Bridgestone S22 tyres specifically developed for this model
- 120/70 R17 front, 200/55 R17 rear
INSTRUMENTS, LIGHTS, ELECTRONICS
- All new colour TFT dashboard, angle adjustable, 5 inch
- Fresh design with new welcome graphic and updated menu structure
- Scratch resistant bonded glass face combats glare
- All new switchgear, with adjustable wheel slip via paddle buttons whilst in track mode
- Not in track mode the paddles can be adjusted to your favourite settings
- LED headlight doubles as the ram air intake directly to the airbox
- Air between the headlight also keeps the powerful LED’s cool
- All new LED headlight design for extra bright night riding and being seen with the DRL
- Ride modes – rain, street, sport
- All new traction control (MTC), lean and slip control
- Supermoto ABS mode, disables rear ABS, cornering function of the ABS, and lifting the rear off the tarmac
- Cruise control for 40-200km/h in 3rd to 6th gears
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warns you of loss of air in front and rear tyres
- Auto cancelling turn signals (ATIR), off in 10 secs or 150m.
- KTM RaceOn key fob, leave it in your pocket, no keys or chains scratching your paint
- KTM MyRide for bluetooth audio and phone, plus link to optional KTM app for GPS turn by turns
CAN I PURCHASE OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT WITH THIS MODEL?
An incredibly large range of KTM PowerParts are available, below is a selection mentioned in no particular order.
KTM PowerWear is also available, to ensure you fit the bike’s look and ride safely and comfortabily.
- CNC machined parts, anodized orange
- Akrapovic titanium slip on pipe with carbon end cap and lower weight, no map required
- Akrapovic titanium Evolution Line, only 3.8kg (saves 6.4kg), 5hp increase, needs a map installed, not for public roads.
- Alarm system
- Crash bung kit, front and rear and available seperately
- Crash bar kit protects the tank and fairing, mounts directly to the frame
- APEX Pro steering damper kit, 30 clicks, for track use, chrome alloy coating for low friction
- CNC milled triple clamp, orange
- Rim sticker kits
- Wave disc brakes, also suits previous models
- Heated grip kit
- Brake lever protection
- Clutch lever protection
- Handguard kit
- Black anodized machine LED-SMD tech blinker set, 55mm length and extemely bright
- CNC machined orange/black levers
- Brake lever adjustment wheel for track use
- Handlebar end mirror set
- Pillion seat cover, lightweight
- Ergo seats for rider and/or pillion
- CNC milled footpeg set with high strengh aluminium
- Clutch cover
- Fender that’s lighter
- Ignition cover protection
- Front sprocket cover
- Splash protection and chainguard
- Ignition lock cover
- Brake cooling duct kit
- Fuel tank fairings
- Carbon graphics kit
- Quick lock fuel tank filling point, CNC machined
- Flyscreen for transission from headlight to instrument display
- Track mode (4th ride mode) to control 9 traction levels , anti wheelie disabling, MSC disabling, launch control, throttle response settings
- Performance mode, same as Track but for the street, retaining cruise control and MyRide
- Adapative Brake Light illuminating and flashing an additional light under heavy braking
- Quickshifter+ for up and down shifting
- Motor Slip Regulation (MSR), disengaged in track and supermoto ABS modes allowing rear backing in
- Tech Pack, combines Track Pack, Quickshifter+, MSR, Adaptive Brake Light
- Luggage bag
- Tank bag
- Rear bag
- Side bag set
- Smartphone mounting brackets and cases
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months registration, stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
Collection in store is mandatory. No freight unless a store visit is made prior for a handover in person.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2021Orange
Price is ride away in QLD. 2021 in orange results in mild improvements, with the swingarm angle now steeper and the engine repositioned to suit. In 2020, 90 percent of the model was revised. Providing an incredible 180 hp in a 189 kg dry weighted body, so easy to ride fast or slow, short or long.