KTM 790 Adventure R 2020
IS THIS MODEL IN STOCK TO PURCHASE?
No, this model is now sold out and discontinued, replaced with the 890 Adventure R.
- 799 cm³, 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, parallel twin
- 88 mm x 65.7 mm
- 70 kw
- Electric starter
- Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Liquid cooling
- LC8c parallel twin compact injected motor
- 8 valve DOHC cylinder head
- Steel valves are opened by DLC-coated finger followers
- Hydraulic chain tensioner tensions the cam chain
- Two balancer shafts keep vibration to a minimum
- Nicasil-coated aluminum cylinders
- Open deck cylinder construction allows for optimal cooling
- Forged pistons with three piston rings connected by a plain conrod bearing
- A forged one-piece crankshaft is held firmly in place by plain bearings with a 75-degree offset
- The 435-degree firing order produces a sound similar to that of the larger LC8 engine
- Horizontally split crankcases are an aluminum high-pressure cast
- Oil circulation is based on a compact semi-dry sump system to minimize friction losses
- The oil sump is integrated into the oil pump housing, together with two pumps (one scavenge, one pressure)
- To cool down the oil, the engine is equipped with an oil cooler similar to the larger LC8 V-twin engines
- The design of the advanced cooling technology, riding for hours in hot conditions is possible
AIR, FUEL AND EXHAUST
- The stainless-steel exhaust system utilizes a mid-exhaust sound damper to centralize mass, resulting in a small muffler to the job required
- The airbox is located under the seat with the intake at the rear of the bike to aid in the overall packaging of the motorcycle
- In addition to easy air filter access, the seat and tank could be kept low and narrow and the mass centralised including electronics
- The 20 litre fuel tank has the main tank volume is placed as low as possible, lowering the centre of gravity, narrow for knees when standing, provides a narrow lower seat and expect a range of approximately 450 kms depending on riding conditions
TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE
- The 6-speed sequential gearbox’s stacked configuration reduces engine length
- The signature die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is precisely manufactured and has been optimized for stiffness and stability while still offering excellent flex characteristics
- PASC™ anti-hopping clutch, mechanically operated
- X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4″ chain
- Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel frame using the engine as stressed element, powder coated
- The tubular CroMo steel frame and lightweight steel trellis subframe are engineered to be compact but strong, to handle harsh conditions
- All design and engineering innovations are focused on being compact and light
- The steel trellis subframe was developed to be compact, lightweight and also strong enough to carry a full load under the hard conditions that can be expected when extreme adventure riding
- Aluminum-tapered handlebar allows maximum control while offering a comfortable riding position
- The handlebar can be mounted in six different positions, which results in 30 mm of adjustment range, allowing for a personal fit
- The footpegs have rubber inserts, which can be removed, are designed for all-day riding
- A single piece, off road style seat was developed to allow maximum freedom of movement, plenty of grip and still offer the comfort needed for long days in the saddle
- A low-profile windshield, which enables the rider to move around the bike freely when standing and offers an unobstructed view directly in front of the bike, even when the screen is covered in dirt
- 263 mm ground clearance
- 880 mm seat height
- 189 kg low dry weight
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Front WP USD Ø 48 mm suspension
- Rear WP-PDS Monoshock suspension
- 240 mm front and rear suspension travel
- A direct link for the rear shock, complexity and parts are reduced. The relatively long swingarm aids in traction, stability and suspension setup
- High-performance WP suspension perfectly suited to venturing farther off the beaten track
- WP Steering Damper that helps when pushing hard in rough terrain but doesn’t interfere with serious offroad riding
- 63.7 ° steering head angle
- KTM in-house engineered braking
- Front 2 x radially mounted 4 piston calipers
- Rear 2 piston floating caliper
- Twin 320 mm diameter brake discs with 4-piston, radially mounted calipers up front, and a 260 mm diameter brake disc actuated by a double piston floating caliper in the rear. Engineered in-house precisely for the 790 Adventure R
- Bosch 9.1 MP (incl. Cornering-ABS and offroad mode, disengageable)
- Spoked 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels are specifically developed to handle hardcore offroad exploration
- Fitted with METZELER Karoo 3 adventure tyres to maximize offroad performance
INSTRUMENTS, LIGHTS, ELECTRONICS
- Bosch EMS with ride by wire
- KTM’s ride-by-wire system electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into optimum throttle valve positions for the specific riding situation
- A 5-inch, full-color, state-of-the-art TFT display
- LED lights are used as the main headlight, tail light and indicators, offering great illumination and visibility, which are compact, so they help reduce the overall volume of the motorcycle
- MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control) is a lean-angle sensitive traction control system, reacting immediately the instant rear wheel rotation speed becomes disproportionate to the riding situation
- For particularly ambitious riders, the traction control can also be switched off
- KTM’s cornering ABS system allows riders to always use the full power of their brakes while the system adjusts brake pressure to match the lean angle of the motorcycle, for safer and more predictable braking across a wider range of conditions and scenarios
- ABS can be turned off for off road conditions
- Selecting offroad ABS, ABS is deactivated on the rear wheel, while front wheel ABS intervention is reduced and data from the lean angle sensor is not considered
- ‘Off Road ride mode’ has a smooth throttle response and allows a fair amount of slip before it intervenes. Anti-wheelie is not used in this mode, so riders can easily lift the front wheel over obstacles. ‘Off Road ride mode’ is not lean angle sensitive, so traction control does not intervene when a rider uses a berm to turn
- ‘Rally mode’ the rider can adapt the character of the bike more freely. Slip adjust can be changed in 9 levels, varying from an intervention level 9 (comparable to rain mode) to hardly any intervention at level 1, with 7 steps in between. With these settings the slip adjust can be very precisely matched to the condition of the surface, the skill level of the rider and the requirements of the ride. Reducing slip can also help to conserve tires when riding longer
WARRANTY AND SERVICING
- Two year factory warranty
- 15,000km service intervals
CAN I CUSTOMISE AND ADD EXTRAS TO THIS MODEL?
A incredibly large range of KTM PowerParts are available, below is a selection mentioned in no particular order.
KTM PowerWear is also available, to ensure you fit the bike’s look and ride safely and comfortably.
- Ignition cover protection
- Clutch cover protection
- Akrapovic slip on muffler, saves 1kg of weight
- Engine protection grille
- Radiator protection grille
- CNC machined parts in anodized orange
- Alarm system
- Crash bung kit, front and rear
- Roadlok anti-theft lock
- Headlight protection
- Heavy duty wheels for front and rear
- Scott’s heavy duty steering dampner
- Lowering kit for 25mm lower seat height
- Side stand plate
- Keyless fuel refilling point adapator
- Stealth rear sprocket
- Heated grip set
- Handguard protection kit in orange, black or white
- Reinforced handguard protection kit, reinforced aluminium, in orange, white or black
- Brake and/or clutch levers
- Heavy duty footpeg set
- Comfort inserts for footpegs
- 25mm lower seat
- 25mm higher seat
- Heated ergo rider and pillion seats (can be purchased separately)
- Cooling seat covers for more air between the rider and the seat
- Taller clear screen, same as non-R model screen’s
- Combination switch with cruise control
- Auxillery lamp kit (fog lamps)
- CNC machined LED blinker kit
- Fuel tank protection kit in carbon
- Quickshifter+ for up and down shifts at speed
- Touratech iBrackets for phone mounting
- Cases for various phones for mounting to bracket
- GPS bracket for Garmin and TomTom units
- Soft and hard luggage
- Hard luggage in plastic aerodyamic shapes or aluminium square for adventure
- Fender kits in white, orange or black
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF PURCHASE?
Priced on road ride away in Queensland including 12 months registration, stamp duty, dealer and administration costs. Buyers must hold a QLD license. Unregistered pricing is available, say for interstate purchases.
THERE IS A MONTHLY REPAYMENT SHOULD I APPLY FOR FINANCE.
WHAT IS THE FINANCE DISCLAIMER?
These payments are based on 10% over 5 years with a nil deposit and are for indicative purposes only. Payments do include dealer origination fees however these vary based on amount borrowed. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
*Weekly payments provided for indicative purposes and are to approved purchasers only. The payments don’t consider your personal situation, mortgaged property insurance, payment protection, warranty options, gap cover or accessories. Figure above is based upon a personal finance application for the advertised price of the vehicle additional costs may be applicable. Repayments are based on 10% over 60 months with no upfront deposit. Comparison rate is 13.95% and is based on a secured consumer fixed rate loan of $30,000 on a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for this example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in different comparison rates. Terms and conditions are available in store or on request. For accurate repayments based on your actual situation please speak to our Finance & Insurance Manager, Steve Lampitt, in store.
ANYTHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN?
The price is subject to change without notice due to reasons beyond our control and timely manner of the website editing and access and publishing live.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production model and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
Engine power figures are taken from the Queensland Transport and Main Roads database or Redbook, when available. These figures are the engineered approved national power outputs. Figures obtained from the actual motorcycle for sale may differ and has not been independently measured. No account has been taken for modifications or age on the motor. Take the power figures as a general guide only.
KTM 790 Adventure R 2020R Livery
Price is ride away in QLD. On the back of last year’s success, the 2020 model is now available. Engineered from racing DNA, it’s been no secret that this gap filling model has been invented with extensive testing. This model is now in run out, hurry to secure yours before they are sold out.
Finance this for $110 per week*
To approved purchasers. Terms, conditions and disclaimer below.